Lava Bead: Diffuser Jewelry
Lava rock (or basalt) is an igneous volcanic rock is rock that forms from the molten lava that erupts from a volcano. It is a common type of rock, and is estimated to cover about 8% of the earth's surface.
Volcanic rock is a material of protection, strength, and fertility. Lava comes from the fiery center of our earth. Cooled lava stone is calming and grounding with an intense energy. Lava beads are thought to provide stability in times of change (who doesn’t need that nowadays).
Lava stone beads are used for essential oil jewelry because they are porous yet strong. This naturally formed material has craters that will soak in essential oils yet not react with the oils, so it won't change the smell or composition of the essential oil.
How to use:
- Put a drop of essential oil on a bead. Be sure to dilute the essential oil with carrier oil to recommended level if the bead will touch your skin, for example the beads in bracelets.
- Let it soak in for a few minutes.
- Wipe off the excess.
- Wear and enjoy!
How to clean:
- The essential oils will naturally fade from the beads in a few days.
- Letting the necklace sit in the sun once a month is recommended to refresh your necklace
- The beads are hand stung and knotted with string, so washing with water is not recommended unless the necklace is very dirty. Then wash off gently and let air dry.
The scent will last anywhere from a couple of days to a week, depending on the oil used. Shorter necklaces give a more continuous scent. Lift longer necklaces to your nose for a stronger scent when needed. Re-apply oils when the scent fades.
Questions? Send them our way.